Superior Selections principals Ian and Wendy Turner are passionate advocates for agriculture and regional communities.
Ian comes from a highly innovative and successful family farming enterprise established on Kangaroo Island in 1882, and relinquished in 1995 with the move into full time media, marketing and public relations.
Ultimately this led to the formation and launch of Superior Selections in 2003 in partnership with Wendy. Ian entered the business with over 30 years of successful farm management and 20 years of media experience behind him and Wendy has extended her skills beyond those of her teaching career to include design and office management. This is a unique experience combination and ideal for the services offered. They have constantly attended courses of benefit to update their skills to match current client and industry needs.
Their decision to provide a service specifically targeted towards the needs of rural and regional clients was deliberate. It is an area of particular passion, neglected by most big profit motivated public relations companies.
Both Ian and Wendy have very strong community focused values and honesty. Coming from a farming background they have a full understanding of the fluctuations in farming fortunes, so reliant on weather and market conditions. Thus they have priced their services strongly on affordability and a win/win philosophy.
The business is focused on servicing the needs of every one of their contracted clients.
Besides their regular client base of approximately 40 businesses in 4 states, many of whom have been using the services of Superior Selections since foundation and are ongoing, Ian and Wendy have provided service, material and advice to over 130 regionally based businesses, 8 community organisations, 35 breed societies and 60 media outlets since 1995.
Their publishing record is also significant and can be viewed on the Publishing page of this website.
Ian and Wendy are always willing to discuss options with any interested individuals or groups who feel their service range and unique experience combinations may be of benefit.
However they will only follow up on a request if they feel they can deliver a result that will benefit you as a potential client.
- Dip Farm management, Honours MOFAC 1970-72
- Self-employed in Primary Production – 30 years full time and ongoing part time
- Livestock Manager - Stock Journal Publishers Ltd (Rural Press/Fairfax) – 8 years
- Managing Editor Islander Newspapers – 2 years
- Personal and Business Development – Cordes Consulting Group – 1 year
- Director KI Export Abattoir Pty Ltd – 3 years
- SA Advisory Board of Agriculture – chair of animal production sub-committee and member of SWAG – 3 years
- Member of KI Agricultural Council – 10 years including 4 as inaugural chair
- Australian White Suffolk Association – Life member, committee for 10 years and 5 as inaugural president
- Editor of all 10 editions of Australian & New Zealand Suffolk Year Book, plus Centenary History Book - Life member Australian Suffolk Sheep Society
- Editor – The Muster for ASSBA – from December 2003 to December 2017
- Editor – Australian Poll Dorset Journal – from May 2013 to May 2017
- Since leaving full time teaching in 2005, has completed courses in Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and Accounting in order to facilitate office management and production of advertisements, newsletters, catalogues etc